Tech fail: pop up about economy+ seating

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by TravelerRob, Jun 7, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was reviewing seat choices for an itinerary that has flights on Monday. I pulled up the seat map and the seat I'm assigned on an A319 is 7F (bulkhead window, the best in economy on the A319/320 IMO). All is good. I click on the next flight but a pop up window comes up touting the benefits of economy plus with two radio button options: "I'd like to choose an economy plus seat" or "I'd like to keep the economy seat I have already selected" with an OK and Cancel buttons.

Umm, I'm already in an E+ seat. I left both radio buttons unselected and clicked cancel. I was brought back to the seat map I already saw. I then clicked on the second flight again and got the new seat map to appear.

Hey, United: if you're already in an E+ seat don't give me a big pop up window that I must act on telling me I should select an E+ seat. Technology FAIL.

-Rob

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds like they're adding more up-sell bits to the site and you got one of the screens that's not quite fully functional. :oops:

3. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    Seems like they should be upselling to F instead of upselling to something already selected. But what do I know. I just make my living selling online. :cool:

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Delta has tried to sell me Economyy Comfort when I'm booked in F. It happens.

5. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well I'm just glad that my web site has never malfunctioned. :rolleyes:

6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    If memory serves right, PMUA used to send me E+ upsell emails on upcoming itins. I was a 1K.

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  7. Weatherboy

Weatherboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    lol. UA always tries to sell me DirecTV prior to my paid F flights.

Flyer1976 likes this.