tax refund?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by jason8612, Jul 29, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jason8612
    Original Member

jason8612 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just saw some articles out there regarding the tax refund. I did book a ticket before 23/07 and flew just yesterday. So how can I get my tax back? :)

hulagrrl210 and JohnDeere19 like this.
  2. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Call the airline...if they're not helpful, file with the IRS (program not in place yet, iirc).

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    We don't know yet' What airline? Some carriers are offering a voucher. The IRS is working on procedures, but doesn't currently have a system to identify who actually paid tax and flew. Airlines say it's the government's money so they should do the refunds. I wonder what will happen with folks who take a voucher towards future travel as their refund, and also apply to the IRS for cash when the procedure is potentially put in place?

JohnDeere19, hulagrrl210 and SC Flier like this.
  4. EX-LAX

EX-LAX Silver Member

Status Points:
    "Breaking News" about an hour age on FOXNEWS!
    All IRS tax refunds for this tax, after 8/2/2011, shall be submitted to Beijing.

BurBunny and JRZYSHAWN like this.
  5. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd call/email United if that is who you booked with. I have 2 international itineraries coming up (one next month), one trip to Hawaii and potentially hundreds of dollars coming back to me assuming congress doesn't reauthorize the FAA by then. Until the IRS provides more guidance I feel that is the only option. I think the more people who contact them, the more they will be forced to have to deal with the situation. Good luck!

6. jason8612
    Original Member

jason8612 Gold Member

Status Points:
    thanks
    ill give em a call when I get back in. Ill see what they say