Targeted (?) triple miles for current BofA Visa purchases through March 31st

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by yaychemistry, Jan 4, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. yaychemistry

yaychemistry Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just got this in my inbox:
    [​IMG] Earn bonus miles
    on qualifying purchases through March 31, 2012*

Start this year smart by getting more out of your purchases. Act now to earn an additional 2 miles per dollar (up to 2,500 miles) on qualifying purchases made with your Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® credit card account through March 31, 2012.

*To be eligible for this bonus miles offer, your account must be open with charging privileges and you must register for this offer by March 31, 2012. From the date you register through March 31, 2012, you will earn two (2) bonus miles per dollar of purchases (excluding credits, returns and adjustments) up to a total of 2,500 miles (in addition to base miles earned). All terms of your Program Rules apply. Allow up to 10-12 weeks for bonus miles to appear on your credit card account billing statement or online statement. We reserve the right to verify eligibility of all transactions.

Clicking the registration link (contains personal data, so I'm not posting) reveals:

Congratulations! You have successfully enrolled in the bonus miles offer. Now simply use your credit card for all purchases and earn 2 bonus miles per dollar (up to 2,500 miles) through March 31, 2012.

We appreciate your business and invite you to continue to experience all your account has to offer.

I got one over the summer that was triple miles on gas and groceries. This one is nice b/c its all purchases. I'm guessing I was targeted because the AS visa is just collecting dust in my drawer since the last promotion. Looks like I'll spend $1250 on the card, then put it back in my drawer.

Anyone else get these targeted offers?

Golfingboy and tondoleo like this.
  2. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I received this offer too via snail mail.. The letter does mention the last 4 of my cc. However, they give a phone number 1-888-205-5781. They also give a registration code. I suggest you call and try it without the code because your dog ate the letter.

yaychemistry likes this.
  3. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got one of these a couple of months ago for certain categories. I just got another one today - for the SAME CATEGORIES. :confused: The categories were all travel related - airfare, hotels, rental cars, etc. Unfortunately, I don't have any plans to make travel related purchases before the offer expires.

yaychemistry likes this.
  4. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wish they had this for Hawaiian Miles too

yaychemistry likes this.
  5. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    FYI it should pop up sometime for Hawaiian as both DH and I got the same offer for Hawaiian end of last year.

yaychemistry likes this.
  6. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nothing for me here :(

However, the Signature card is slowly becoming my secondary card after the Onepass Plus card. Maybe I'll be targeted sometime in the future :)

yaychemistry likes this.
  7. jackal
    Original Member

jackal Gold Member

Status Points:
    Me, neither. I've cut back spending on my AS Visa, too. You'd think I'd be targeted in order to entice me to use using that card again...