Targeted Offers??

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by misterbwong, Feb 1, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. misterbwong

misterbwong Silver Member

Status Points:
    How the heck does one get on a CC issuer's targeted list? With all the targeted offers floating around (75k PRG, 75k Sapphire Preferred, 50k Ink Plus, 40k regular Ink) I'm wondering why I'm not being targeted as well, lol.

I "opted in" at optoutprescreen.com. Are there any other places to opt-in? And yes, I do realize I am actually asking for spam :D

tondoleo likes this.
  2. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    That should open the flo
    That may open the floodgates.

3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe you already have too many cards? If I was running a cards program, I'd probably target people with higher bonuses that have proven to not be attracted by lower bonuses (why offer more than needed?).

4. wombat18
    Original Member

wombat18 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Spend more money, have a better credit score, have a higher income?

5. misterbwong

misterbwong Silver Member

Status Points:
    From what I can tell, I should be an "attractive" recipient (decent income, very good credit, and only four cards). Ah well...maybe I should spend more money and carry a balance, though I don't think that'd be worth the signup bonuses lol

6. sun
    Original Member

sun Silver Member

Status Points:
    Try opening Citi/Chase's checking accounts. Chase and Citi like to keep track of the total credit limit they have assigned to you. This is based on your income. If your income is high enough that you haven't reached the limit they will probably send out targeted offers.

It might sound counter-intuitive but cutting down/shifting spending to a different issuer can lead to targeted offers. After all they want those merchant fees and interest charges and they won't mind giving you an incentive for shifting spending back to them.

misterbwong and deant like this.