Targeted Offer: Continental One Pass Plus 50K from Chase

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by alohastephen, Dec 31, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. alohastephen

alohastephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    Check your email, there is now a targeted offer for 50K. ;)

Your Cardmember benefits include:

50,000 bonus miles after you use your Card the first time — enough for two round-trip reward tickets2
    10,000 bonus miles each calendar year when you spend $25,000 on your Card3
    NEW: Priority boarding — board Continental and United flights early, ahead of general boarding4
    NEW: Redeem miles for any seat, any time — if seats are available for sale, they can be redeemed with miles at the EasyPass® (or equivalent) reward level5
    NEW: Reward seat upgrades for Elites6
    Free first checked bag for you and a companion each time you fly Continental or United (a savings of up to $100 per round trip)7
    Two miles per $1 spent on tickets purchased from Continental and United, and one mile per $1 spent on all other purchases3
    Two passes to United ClubSM (formerly Presidents Club®) every Cardmember anniversary8

TAHKUCT likes this.
  2. infamousdx

infamousdx Silver Member

Status Points:
    I signed my mother up for this offer last week and she was instantly approved.

I also checked my fiancee's spam folder and saw this offer and plan on signing her up this week.

Definitely pleased with this one!

alohastephen and TAHKUCT like this.
  3. mailbroad

mailbroad Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I just checked my e-mail and there it was. I got the Chase Saphire a few months ago... already made the spend and was thinking of getting the United Card but I may sign up for this instead. I also want to sign my husband up for the Chase Saphire before our cruise in March.

alohastephen likes this.
  4. jumbo_cards

jumbo_cards Silver Member

Status Points:
    What is the difference between this card and the united mileage explorer? From a glance, they seem to have the same benefits.

I've had that 50k sign up bonus + 10k spending bonus offer on my account for I think 3 month now. I didn't think that was targeted.

alohastephen likes this.
  5. chef4u
    Original Member

chef4u Silver Member

Status Points:
    With the upcoming/ongoing merger between United and Continental, does it make a difference if I get the Continental OnePass Plus card or the United Mileage Explorer?

Most of my travel these days is ex EWR, on Continental. As always, your help is appreciated!

alohastephen likes this.
  6. chef4u
    Original Member

chef4u Silver Member

Status Points:
    Let's take it one step further. Apply for both the United Card and the Continental Card. Assuming I get both, keep them both for 11 months,taking advantage of the free point offers. After that convert points into one program. Almost 50K United/Continental points for $0 annual fee. Can this work?

alohastephen likes this.
  7. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    The points will likely go into one program this spring when the two programs get amalgamated, so it would make sense to take advantage of the signup bonus. I have had luck in requesting that the credit limit of one card be added to the other, but this is not always the case with Chase, so YMMV). I am torn whether to keep my UA MP Visa, CO Pres MC or get the new Explorer. The CO card is my only MC at the moment.

Also, for 1Ks, they would rebate the MP Visa fee, not sure if they are continuing that program (finger's crossed).

alohastephen likes this.