Targeted: Get SAS Eurobonus Gold in 2 trips in SAS Plus

Discussion in 'SAS | EuroBonus' started by HerrO, Sep 30, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. HerrO
    Original Member

HerrO Silver Member

Status Points:
    This morning I got this mail with a "fast track to Gold" offer.

[​IMG]

Did others get this to?

I am halfway into my earning year so have until April 2014 to earn the status the normal way so for me it is a fast track that can allow me to get moves points to other programs.

In my world in all depends of what the Eurobonus 2.0 news and benefits are and how to get that status.

Br,
    Henrik

Silferlood likes this.
  2. jetsetter
    Original Member

jetsetter Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got the same offer and share the same earning year with yourself. I am doing the two trips in the next few days to get rid of the qualification requirements for SAS and continue earning on other programs.

3. HerrO
    Original Member

HerrO Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is exactly what I expect to do - though I am waiting a bit for EB 2.0 to see what is in this.

I do expect that EBG is being a devaluation when the new level will come.....

4. jetsetter
    Original Member

jetsetter Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree some devaluation may happen, but I don't see me losing any of the benefits that are currently available (fast track, lounge access, additional luggage, etc..). I think what they will do is knock down the earning charts or try to dilute it. We'll see what they come up with. The problem is, with 1 year memberships, it may not be the best thing to fight for.

5. HerrO
    Original Member

HerrO Silver Member

Status Points:
    Also it could be different lounges - e.g. LH lounges where EBG will not have access to Senator anymore. But do agree that the basic EBG benefits will more or less the same.

6. Fredrik
    Original Member

Fredrik Silver Member

Status Points:
    This was a fantastic offer for me as my qualification year started October 1. Two r/t trips for about 4,500 SEK gives med EBG for two years.

HerrO likes this.
  7. SpotOn

SpotOn Silver Member

Status Points:
    A bit surprising to see no mention in this thread of the fact that this targeted offer suddenly became public... But it did. It appears that some have had success in signing up also after the original deadline of October 6, but no guarantees can be made that this still will work. Anyways, the link is here:

http://www.flysas.com/en/SAS-Global/Generic-Pages/EuroBonus/1NEUR/

HerrO likes this.
  8. HerrO
    Original Member

HerrO Silver Member

Status Points:
    Only issue is that the cheapest routings are quite full. From CPH it was possible to find CPH-PRG-CPH for under 2.000,- DKK. But it is still a good deal if you act now (and need Gold).

/HerrO

9. SpotOn

SpotOn Silver Member

Status Points:
    The link is officially dead and clicking on this now brings up a 404-page-not-found error.

10. kblaur
    Original Member

kblaur Silver Member

Status Points:
    I did get tempted for a "fast track" gold, so on friday: 25-10 I do: CPH-PRG-CPH and on Saturday 26-10 I do: CPH-ALC-CPH.. - cost me DKK 3.985 in total, get 4.000 + 8.000 Points + I got the the "Eurobonus challenge", so 6.000 points there, furthermore, I paid with Diners Club SAS Card and get 400 points there: so in total 18.400 point - equal 4.62 Ratio.. - And I have status going forward for 18 months! Others that took op this challenge?

Fredrik and HerrO like this.
  11. SpotOn

SpotOn Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm doing OSL-NCE-OSL on the 19th and OSL-LHR-OSL on the 29th.

Fredrik, HerrO and kblaur like this.
  12. Fredrik
    Original Member

Fredrik Silver Member

Status Points:
    PRG flights seem to have quite a few people flying back home immediately recently...

13. HerrO
    Original Member

HerrO Silver Member

Status Points:
    yes - the price was the cheapest SAS Plus from CPH and ARN as I could see and I know at least 10 person who have booked this trip for 2 returns here in October. So quite a boost on SAS Plus they must have had on that routing.

/HerrO

14. Fredrik
    Original Member

Fredrik Silver Member

Status Points:
    There were 7 of us yesterday...

kblaur and HerrO like this.
  15. TOS

TOS Silver Member

Status Points:
    On the OSL-PRG-OSL flights on the 8th of October, I believe that there were around 9 out of a total of 12 SAS Plus customers doing the roundtrip... I am completing my challenge this Thursday with a trip to London (not returning on the same flight though, as I have business to attend to there anyway).

HerrO likes this.
  16. HerrO
    Original Member

HerrO Silver Member

Status Points:
    The yield for the routes to PRG have to be at the highest ever in October :)

/HerrO

17. jetsetter
    Original Member

jetsetter Silver Member

Status Points:
    I completed the challenge earlier this month by flying PRG-ARN-PRG and then PRG-SVG-PRG. The total cost was under 3500 NOK. There were 2 others in SAS Plus at max on each segment to and from PRG :)

HerrO likes this.
  18. HerrO
    Original Member

HerrO Silver Member

Status Points:
    Welcome as SAS EBG GOLD :)

/HerrO

19. jetsetter
    Original Member

jetsetter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks :) Already a LH Senator and TK Elite but thought I might as well start pooling everything away from LH since 2014 will be their latest and "greatest" downgrade of their M&M. Hoping the EB 2.0 isn't as depressing.

SpotOn likes this.
  20. SpotOn

SpotOn Silver Member

Status Points:
    I share your hopes :) I'm off to LHR on the final half of the EBG challenge tomorrow, narrowly escaping the storm and strong winds that led to several LHR-flights being cancelled today.

21. jetsetter
    Original Member

jetsetter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Best of luck :)