Targeted for double miles ex US

Discussion in 'Cathay Pacific | Asia Miles/Marco Polo Club' started by baglady, Feb 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. baglady
    Original Member

baglady Silver Member

Status Points:
    I received the double miles promo from Cathay (I believe it's targeted) good Feb 7-Apr 30. F, A (First Class), J, C, D, I (Business Class), Y, B, H, K, L, M and V (Economy Class) are eligible to earn Double Asia Miles. It seems like a nice promo and they have some decent rates during the dates.

I'm not sure why I was targeted. I haven't flown them since late Oct. and I didn't make status with them last year so not sure if one of those is the reason. Tempting offer.

sithlord likes this.
  2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Ooooh.. Gotta love double miles. I usually fly CX only on awards (in F :D ) but might go for some paid travel for double miles.

Was the offer automatic? Was there a signup link? Any insight into whether anyone else might jump on the bandwagon?

3. Chris_Li
    Original Member

Chris_Li Gold Member

Status Points:
    I once got these targeted promotion for exHKG trip in email. No sign up required.

Signup are normally needed for mass promotion.

4. skit53
    Original Member

skit53 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Here's a copy of the email I received:

Congratulations – you've been selected to enjoy this exclusive offer! From 7 February to 30 April 2011, you'll earn Double Asia Miles on flights between the US and Hong Kong on Cathay Pacific. And there's no limit – the more you fly, the more you'll earn.

[​IMG]
    Plus, you'll find lots of opportunities to earn miles with Asia Miles partners while exploring Hong Kong:

• Kick off your shopping spree with Inflight Sales, then pick up quality merchandise from retail partners on the ground.
    • You can also indulge in spa treatments at retail partners, and stay in luxury with hotel partners.
    • Enjoy delicious dishes at partner restaurants – including Chinese delicacies, US prime steaks, exotic Indian and Mongolian cuisine, and so much more.
    Don't miss this opportunity to earn more Asia Miles!

To take advantage of this special offer, book your next flight at www.cathaypacific.com/us or with your local travel agent. Remember to quote your membership number when booking and checking in for your flight.

Yours sincerely,

[​IMG]
    Katie Rowen
    Manager The Marco Polo Club

* Photo courtesy of the Hong Kong Tourism Board
    [​IMG]
    Terms and Conditions

• This offer is intended for the recipient of this communication only and is non-transferable.
    • Travel must commence and be completed between 7 February and 30 April 2011.
    • This offer is only applicable to flights marketed and operated by Cathay Pacific between the US and Hong Kong.
    • Only ticket fare classes F, A (First Class), J, C, D, I (Business Class), Y, B, H, K, L, M and V (Economy Class) are eligible to earn Double Asia Miles.
    • Double Asia Miles will be credited to the member's account 4 to 6 weeks after the completion of eligible travel.
    • Other Asia Miles™ terms and conditions apply.

5. 77W

77W Silver Member

Status Points:
    Got the promo too. Like OP, no status with MPC. That could be the reason for the targeted offer.

6. sithlord
    Original Member

sithlord Silver Member

Status Points:

Could be that they are targetting high revenue customers from cx or other airlines. I don't think most good airlines profit from 1ks and exps on mileage runs lol.

flagstaff likes this.
  7. Chris_Li
    Original Member

Chris_Li Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's the main point. You don't fly with them for a while and they want to "wake you up" and fly with them again. Happened to me before when I grounded for almost a year they send the double miles to any destination to me.

Standard CRM Plan for me