Targeted: Fly TATL on SAS PLUS or Business and get 26.000 extra points

Discussion in 'SAS | EuroBonus' started by HerrO, Oct 18, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. HerrO
    Original Member

HerrO Silver Member

Status Points:
    SAS Eurobonus is busy these days getting offers out to its members. Today I received a mail offering me 26.000 extra point by booking a SAS Plus or Business return ticket on a US or Asia flight before end of October and travel between November 15th and February 28th.

[​IMG]

So within 3 weeks I have received offers that would give me totally 100.000 extra points if I was able to max them out. This is really new times.

Do you think this will continue?

Fredrik likes this.
  2. Fredrik
    Original Member

Fredrik Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't think it will continue but I sure hope I'm wrong.

I think this is in some way related to the financial year end for the company.

3. HerrO
    Original Member

HerrO Silver Member

Status Points:
    I could agree that this also could be related to a fourth quarter boost but it seems a bit strange that it is so aligned with the new Eurobonus 2.0. Maybe it is to get more Gold customers when they are moving some of them away from Gold to the new level?

4. kblaur
    Original Member

kblaur Silver Member

Status Points:
    So having Gold Customers also creates liabilities, meaning a Gold Customer that they "buy" here in October they have to give him something back for the next 12 months (+his earning period), meaning there are costs associated as well. So something is to create a "gold demand" and there are then the liabilities for them on lounges, more points, perks etc etc

HerrO likes this.