[TARGETED] Fast Track to AAdavantage Elite Status, Including Just 35K EQM for Executive Platinum!

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by NYCUA1K, Jan 28, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    This just landed in my junk bin mbox so you might want to check yours to see if you have been targeted with this fast track offer for elite status on the dAArk side. A great and easily doable fast track offer...

upload_2016-1-28_15-5-31.png

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  2. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great so those of us who have been loyal and flown 100k+ get benefits til the end of January - and the 35k flyers get benefits until the end of February!

3. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yup, that's the idea...but it seems fair since these 35K flyers won't achieve status before February (in fact, most who do will achieve it around April or May), while you would already have been enjoying your status for a while... ;-)

4. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    I received my EXP status via a status challenge for UA 1Ks. It required only 25,000 points, but it was also limited to a 90 day period. It was a smart move for AA, and while I don't see the move as a huge change in service levels (each airline has offsetting pros and cons IMHO), the AA routing and schedules do serve me better.

The interesting thing that happened during my challenge was that I had to buy premium cabin tickets to reach it. My flying was lighter than usual during the challenge period, so I needed the extra points to qualify. As a result, I determined that buying premium cabin tickets brings benefits that are important to me. I haven't returned to my previous habit of buying the cheapest economy tickets, as I have done all of my life.

Those benefits include 4 checked bags x 70 pounds (not offered on UA), ability to select my seat of preference t booking and the ability to qualify for status by flying fewer total miles. Much of the additional cost is offset by switching to award tickets once I have reached the qualification requirement to maintain my status for the following year.

Ironic that AA was able to convert me willingly to higher priced tickets after UA tried all kinds of tactics to force me to do so. I don't fault AA for attempting to grow their FF base. It's a business with competition. Growing their customer list is what they are supposed to do. Sometimes that means offering special deals to new customers. I do it in my business every day.

brodyf and flyforawg like this.
  5. Seat6A

Seat6A Silver Member

Status Points:
    After studying the rules that kick in this August I may just love the new qualifying. If my business flying is low i can still cross the line for EXP with one or two expensive flights to places i love to travel to.