Targeted DEQM between DFW-LGA 3/26 - 6/30

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by DestinationDavid, Mar 27, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Surprised no one posted this already....it's available to members who receive an invitation from AA via email.

LINK.

Airline:
    American Airlines

Award:
    Double Elite-Status Qualifying Miles

Bonus Code:
    DFLGA
    Register today by selecting the red "REGISTER" button below

Dates:
    Book your trip and fly between March 26, 2012, and June 30, 2012

Offer:
    Exclusive offer for select AAdvantage members. Reach AAdvantage elite status faster than ever with this offer! Just book a round-trip ticket and fly on American Airlines between Dallas/Fort Worth and New York/LaGuardia from March 26, 2012, through June 30, 2012. You'll earn double elite-qualifying miles, the miles that bring you closer to AAdvantage elite status membership - at an accelerated rate.

Register for this special offer prior to travel to qualify, by selecting the red "REGISTER" button below.

Note: This offer is valid only for AAdvantage members who receive this email directly from American Airlines.

Terms and Conditions:
    Offer only applies to AAdvantage members who receive this email directly from American Airlines. AAdvantage promotion is valid for round-trip travel on purchased, published fare tickets on American Airlines marketed and operated nonstop flights between Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) and New York/LaGuardia (LGA) from March 26, 2012, through June 30, 2012. A round trip is defined as two one-way trips booked in a single reservation under one ticket number. Reservations containing open jaws are eligible. A maximum of one round trip is permitted per reservation. Reservation must be booked on or after March 26, 2012, to be eligible. This offer does not increment the member's elite qualifying points or segments nor does it add to the member's prize eligible mileage balance. Double elite-qualifying miles will be calculated at 100% of the base miles earned for the flights between DFW and New York/LaGuardia. Promotional miles associated with this offer will be posted to the account of the traveling AAdvantage member within 6-8 weeks after qualifying activity posts to your account. Promotion does not apply to travel on mileage award tickets or fares that are ineligible for AAdvantage mileage accrual. Flights operated by our codeshare partners or oneworld alliance carriers are not eligible for this promotion. This offer can be combined with other AAdvantage promotions. Registration prior to travel is required.

perryplatypus and rwoman like this.
  2. beaktor

beaktor Silver Member

Status Points:
    Interesting. Wonder if this was limited to people living in Texas or New York? I don't remember getting an e-mail like that (I live in TX). DEQM would definitely compel me to try a New York trip this summer...

perryplatypus likes this.
  3. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Haven't you done enough MRing this year? ;)

perryplatypus and rwoman like this.
  4. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is there really ever too much MR'ing or flying?? :D

5. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm in NY and haven't received the offer. Maybe I'll give them a call.

6. perryplatypus

perryplatypus Gold Member

Status Points:
    Didn't get the deal emailed to me but saw it when I logged in today and looked under News and Offers link. Registered for it so it can't hurt to try!

beaktor likes this.
  7. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just did the same. But the promo still says that it's only valid for those who received an email about it. If that's the case, why even post it there? Just to piss off those who didn't get the email? :confused:

8. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    AA typically verifies promo eligibility on the backend. So you can register for just about anything and even get a confirmation email say you're now entered in the promo. But if you don't qualify under the terms, you won't be getting anything. Can't hurt to register if you plan doing some LGA-DFW flights already. But I'd strongly caution against registering for this and then purposefully taking LGA-DFW flights with expectation you'll receive DEQM.

Well AA didn't post this here, I did. I posted it because some members might have received the promo and want a place to discuss it. Additionally, many members who don't qualify for the promos enjoy having a historical record of AA promos to compare against past and future pormos, and not to mention the MP/FTer's favorite past time - rampant speculation about how these promos signal increased elite levels/attempts to escape bankruptcy/the price of tea in China, etc. ;)

9. beaktor

beaktor Silver Member

Status Points:
    Haha, what a silly question. I'm so close to EXP but the last few miles are hard to get.

I just looked at AA's special offers page, and did find the link half way down the page. A quick Matrix search find solid $344 fares from AUS-DFW-LGA much of April, throughout May, and $344-374 in June. Not great... but something to think about.

10. perryplatypus

Status Points:
    Since DEQ11 promo had been extended wouldn't that be a better option to get your last few miles? Plus you would get the double rdm too!

11. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I MR with purpose, so it's not really MRing I suppose. :)

I still think it's a risky idea to MR on the idea that this will apply to anyone who applies. Even though it's on AA's promo page, the page itself still has two references to only being eligible only if invited by email.

12. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    AA has this promo listed on their website under News and Offers.

13. perryplatypus

Status Points:
    I don't expect it but registered for it in case I have to go to LGA. But then again I won't need it because I will hit EX Plat at the end of next week! I guess it just trigger reaction to register to all promos lol

14. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Well considering I posted the link to the News and Offer page in the very first post in this thread , I'd wager that I'm aware of that fact. ;) I was under the impression you were talking about this thread itself.

15. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    That's the best way to view this if you didn't get an email, register just in case, expect absolutely nothing. Because that's exactly what you're likely to get. :D

perryplatypus and beaktor like this.
  16. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oh, I see. No, I was talking about AA posting it on THEIR News and Offers page. Sorry for the confusion.

17. perryplatypus

Status Points:
    They did it to taunt you! AA is getting back at you for all those discount coupons that you gave to all us MP members. :)

18. beaktor

beaktor Silver Member

Status Points:
    It would be, except the prices have been fluctuating pretty wildly last few weeks. And unfortunately the ones that go through DFW (to qualify for the DEQM) have been at least 30% more. (AUS-DFW-SFO vs AUS-LAX-SFO)... so both times -- for a non-stop trip to LA and a trip to SF -- I ended up choosing the cheaper option without double miles because others were joining me.

I figure I'll knock out the last 7000 miles til EQM with a trip to London in June or something else. It'll happen somehow or another :)

19. perryplatypus

Status Points:
    I noticed the price increases too. I wonder if it has to do with spring breaks. My last 2 or3 flight I had to pay close to 300. Big jump from $200. Saw that some of the prices were at $400 plus now.

20. globalexplorer

globalexplorer Silver Member

Status Points:
    got the email (don't live in ny or tx)..but don't need it!

21. AmericanAirlines

AmericanAirlines Official Representative

Status Points:
    Sorry for the confusion! This page should have only been viewable by the targeted customers. This has been corrected.

22. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, in this case you should have honored promo registrations made prior to fixing that error.

globalexplorer and perryplatypus like this.
  23. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Why? :confused:

Even when the promo was listed publicly the page itself outlined in not one, but two areas that you needed to receive an email to qualify. I'd probably agree if the promo page was missing any notice that an email invitation was need, but it wasn't. Anyone who read the rules for the promo (which should be everyone if you're attempting to enroll) would have seen the two notices and no confusion should have emerged.

I love when companies try to make it right. I'm probably just crazy but I just don't see where AA went wrong here. Sure they didn't intend to make the page public, but even as a public page it was clear. :)