Targeted Credit Card Applications

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by TUMD, Jan 2, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you get a targeted credit card app are you likely to get the same one again in the future if you don't take the initial offer? I ask because my girlfriend received an AMEX Gold Premier 50K offer and Blue Sky 30K offer in the last 2 weeks. Normally I would tell her to jump on them but she just applied for and received 4 new credit cards (none are AMEX) at the end of November so I figured there would not be enough time in between apps. The current offers expire at the end of this month. Thoughts?
    (on a side note, I really wish I got these offers but I have never received anything from AMEX for some reason)

2. wrxmom

wrxmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes and sometimes you get better offers.

3. curiousgeorge

curiousgeorge Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't know..,
    Mrs George got a snail mail offer for Sapphire Preffered for 50000 points with no spend in 2012...we were "unaware" at the time and didn't act on it:-(
    Never did get another one.

4. Mikus33

Mikus33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think AmEx might be different. My wife seems to get AmEx offers quite often - some good, some not. She hasn't applied for any of the targeted offers yet, but I'm about to have her sign up for the 100k AmEx Plat Biz card offer. We'll see if she continues to get offers after that. I would think she would.

5. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think you guys are right about AMEX offers, she just got another 50K Gold Premier offer which expires at the end of Feb. Same offer as the other Gold but extends another month (which is good because it should be over 90 days since her last apps). She started by getting 2 or 3 Green offers a couple months ago and then started getting Gold.