Target Prepaid REDcard Limiting Load By Credit Card To $1,000 Per Day?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Feb 23, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    A couple of weeks I headed to Target to load my prepaid REDcard. I had no issue loading the daily limit of $2,500 (besides one of the cards having a fraud alert). Since Kim and I shop at Target a decent amount, I’ve enjoyed saving 5% on purchases by using the card. I also haven’t been […] The post Target Prepaid REDcard Limiting Load By Credit Card To $1,000 Per Day? appeared first on Michael W Travels....

Continue reading...

2. mmargel

mmargel Silver Member

Status Points:
    In the for what it is worth column:
    In the past 3 days
    1. Went to one Target in Ohio and the clerk absolutely refused to load my card. Said they had been experiencing too much fraud and since they did not sell the card, they would not load it. Offered to let me speak with security but I just left instead.
    2. Went to different Target 5 miles away. No problem loading $2500 ( 3 swipes, of course) on 2 different cards. Service personnel just as nice as could be.

I called the number on the back of the Redcard and asked if the refusal to load was an AMEX issue or a Target issue. The rep asked for the store address and said he would look into it. My hope was that some directive would be sent to store #1, to load the cards but I am not holding my breath