Tardiness

Discussion in 'Amtrak | Guest Rewards' started by Golfingboy, Apr 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is a bit of a rant, maybe I am spoiled by the airlines.... But what is up with the pacific surfliner not having a good track record of being punctual? Last week it was 15 minutes late, now today I am sitting at the Moorpark station waiting for my train who is 30 minutes late now... C'Mon!!!!! This train is financed by caltrans to serve as a commuter train and how can you have an effective commuter line when the train is late rather often?

Also the Metrolink ticket machines sucks....Never able to read the credit card I used to purchase my ticket with and I have tried all of my credit cards on different trips and none of them work.... It is getting tiresome having to manually feed in my reservation number. Sometimes I have to press L/R 3 a few time to move left or right one character while manually entering my reservation number and the screen is rather difficult to view during the day...

Do I sound spoiled and should I lower my expectations?

Exiled in Express likes this.
  2. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    On the bright side I am sitting in the old business class seats -- the maroon colored leather seats -- and gosh those seats are comfortable and they have great recline...

Amtrak-- bring those seats back on the newer superliner cars!!

3. Exiled in Express
    Original Member

Exiled in Express Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am happy to arrive within 20 minutes of schedule, then again I am nearly always a leisure rider. I feel much different about the timeliness of the local transit operator when I do the mass transit commute.

4. mikeef
    Original Member

mikeef Silver Member

Status Points:
    You don't sound spoiled at all. Commuter trains should be on time. Period. Yes, exceptions happen, but people do need to get to work at a certain hour. That's what schedules are for. Sorry, you shouldn't have to deal with the attitude "hey, trains are late, accept it" when you need to get to work.

Boston has its own version of the Commuter Rail horrors. We outsource it and, until recently, if a train was late by a certain amount of time, you got a free ride. It was costing the company so much money that they axed that plan and are using the savings to buy clocks to give updates on the trains in the station. Now, you can know exactly how late your train is!

Mike

Exiled in Express likes this.