Tango or Tango+?

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by tomh009, Feb 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    So my YYZ-NRT-YYZ trip just got worse: after a corporate travel agency mess-up, I ended up having to rebook my flights at 11:30 last night, and ended up with an MR-like NRT-YVR-YUL-YYZ return portion, with an overnight in YUL. I will try to improve this on the day of travel at NRT -- but I have a question.

My return leg is noted as Tango: Tango H/Tango H/Tango E. I thought H should be Tango+, although the E is surely a Tango (for the YUL-YYZ). Does the entire return get designated as Tango rather than Tango+ because of the final segment? And does that mean I won't be able to use an eUpgrade for the return, even for the first two segments?

2. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am not an expert, but I think you can upgrade for the first two return legs.

3. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    In cases like this I often take a chance and call the SE desk to inquire. Maybe worth a try?

4. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Done, and indeed you are right; the first two legs are upgradeable. In the end, my hope is that the NRT concierge will be able to get the return simplified to a NRT-YVR-YYZ to avoid the overnight in YUL (NRT-YYZ looks to be full now). We'll see how that pans out, though.

5. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great news! Now hoping the eUpgrades work out ... I will try also on my return from SYD! Good luck on yours!