TAM - Canceling a ticket - how long do I have?

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | South America' started by paladinua, Jul 24, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. paladinua

paladinua Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ok, so I didn't see a post on this anywhere else (if I missed it, by all means please direct me).

I had 2 TAM tickets last October that I cancelled. When I cancelled the tickets, it showed a cancellation fee and a credit. I've had a hard time getting in touch with TAM to follow-up on the credit, so I'm posing my questions here, and hoping the community may know:

1 - Is it possible to get a refund from TAM (sans the cancellation fee?)
    2 - If not, is it possible to use on LAN as well?
    3 - Do I have to *use* the credit by October or do I have to *fly* with what I use the credit for by October (the rules as I recall said I had a year to use)

Thanks!

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Usually it is a year from the original purchase date, not the original fly date.

paladinua likes this.
  3. paladinua

paladinua Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks Seth. Is that book within a year of originaal purchasing? But can fly later?

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ticket validity is often only one year. That means travel completed in that time.

But it really depends on how they handle the transaction. If the reissue as a new ticket from the credit then you get another full year from that point. If they don't, you don't.