TAM announces new GIG frequencies

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | South America' started by jbcarioca, Apr 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    TAM announced yesterday that the GIG-JFK flight and the GIG-FRA flight will move to daily frequency. They credit the "pre-sal" oil industry as the decisive factor in the decision.

OY-JFS, excelsior and milchap like this.
  2. excelsior
    Original Member

excelsior Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well good luck to them They may want to let Brazilian residents navigate thier website in English sometime...

I came back from Rio with them yesterday to find that they reserve the first row and exit rows for $10 extra... but they dont tell you at check in!! Ansd I am Vermelho on TAM so even i dont know... and then they wont sell you the seat on the plane ..nor will they comp you one.. so the plane flies with its 12 extra legroom seats empty.

TAM management is really one of the most moronic I have seen in the business.. all fluff and no systems, running museums and doing fashion while the hard product collapses around them. They have no conception of consumer service -- the person who invented their so called Black card should be sacked on the spot! Its an insult to their frequent flyers, the Black Card. If this is the norm for management intelligence, then its no wonder that every Brazilian airline in history has gone bust.

No doubt the genius responsible for their Black Card is also behind thier wonderful assessment of the demand generated by the pre sal oil industry.

OY-JFS likes this.
  3. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you doubt that one you should look at the hard numbers. The AF Petroleum Club, CO, AA and DL are all having large loads of petroleum industry people. Those loads are increasing now and will continue doing so for several years, regardless of other economic factors.

I will not try to defend JJ on those other points. I was Vermelho also, but now use other *A for everything I can and credit my JJ flights through other carriers.

4. excelsior
    Original Member

excelsior Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think there is demand for GIG with or without Pre sal,, that has been underestimated by TAM. Of course, what you say should enhance the argument for more flights out of GIG (not to mention the mess that GRU is in). This should have been done a long time ago and TAM should have also redirected transfer traffic through GIG.

I have also moved all my points to LH

jbcarioca likes this.
  5. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    The carioca in me wants that to happen too. When the new T2 facility opens later this year it should become much easier for *A. We shall see if it does actually open as expected sometime midyear.

6. OY-JFS
    Original Member

OY-JFS Gold Member

Status Points:
    jbcarioca likes this.
  7. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    OY-JFS likes this.
  8. OY-JFS
    Original Member

OY-JFS Gold Member

Status Points:
    I hope so!

jbcarioca likes this.
  9. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    There have been LH, EK, DL, AA, JJ announcements in the last few weeks. AF/KL should come soon, if my informant is correct probably with a KL GIG-AMS, and there is continuing rumor of somebody doing GIG-LAX-TYO and GIG-LAX-PEK but those are coming form the Rio mayors office, which has been sometimes accused of boosterism.;)

10. OY-JFS
    Original Member

OY-JFS Gold Member

Status Points:
    We need a GIG-ZRH carrier soon. I would prefer LX over JJ, though!

jbcarioca likes this.
  11. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I forgot to mention that GIG-ZRH is allegedly to be announced sometime soon for a March 2012 beginning. That is from the same Mayors office source so FWIW. I certainly hope that happens. I am a deeply devoted SR/LX guy myself. I do remember when it switched from Swissair (SR) to Swiss(LX) and my favorite Swiss FA told mrs jb and i that Swiss was an acronym; So What It's Still Swissair. I still use my Swiss Travel Club tag (that was a real perk!!) and am proud of my 3mm miles on the combined carriers.

OY-JFS likes this.