Talking on your cell phone while on the train

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by viguera, May 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    For sixteen hours.

http://salem.katu.com/news/crime/po...mplaints-about-passenger-talking-phone/440466

Seriously though... it takes 16 hours for a train ride from LA to Seattle? I wouldn't do that if it was free.

sobore and Rlpro like this.
  2. below sea level
    Original Member

below sea level Silver Member

Status Points:
    I guess the line was busy.

gobluetwo likes this.
  3. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    She should not have to put down her cell phone. She is probably very, very ,very important. The rules are for everyone else. :) BTW How in the %#$@ can you talk that long? :confused:

4. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:
    People like that annoy the hell out of me. I usually just ask them to "use their inside voice or text" because I dont want to hear their convo.

I was on a flight yesterday, and while at the gate the woman across the aisle was making phone calls and speaking loudly. First, I gave her the "evil eye" to indicate she is too loud. When the man in front of her turned and looked, she continued to talk loudly. The entire FC cabin could hear her.

5 minutes, pass and at that point I lean over and say, "the phone come pre installed with a microphone, there is no need to yell! Thanks in advance for lowering your voice." She was so confused. The couple in front of me and my seat mate all said, "thank you" very loudly. She replied, "you don't know who I'm talking too", I respond, "Yes we do Mark, your "other" boyfriend. The guy with the crooked ----!" She couldn't get off the phone fast enough. She didn't make a sound the entire flight!

ducster and viguera like this.
  5. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    DYKWIA??!!! :)

I was trying to wrap my head around that... it makes no sense. It's probably exaggeration from the people on the train -- "talking non stop" overnight is ridiculous -- but who knows. I've personally been on the phone for 4+ hours during an online training session that included Livemeeting with a dial-in, but I wouldn't dream of trying that crap out in public.

One thing is certain though, her cell phone provider is not AT&T. :)

6. mhnadel
    Original Member

mhnadel Silver Member

Status Points:
    The key here is that she insisted on doing this in the quiet car, which has signs clearly posted prohibiting cell phone use. How bloody hard is it to just go and sit in another car?

7. ducster
    Original Member

ducster Gold Member

Status Points:
    This made me laugh out loud- nicely done!