Talk about FF;I only have 15 million miles to catchup

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by londoncalling, Apr 18, 2017.  |  Print Topic

1. londoncalling

londoncalling Silver Member

Status Points:
    http://www.ibtimes.com/united-airlines-top-frequent-flyer-remains-loyal-company-2526965

Tom Stuker says he will reach his 18-million-miles mark next week with all the miles flown on United Airlines. Although Stuker does not condone the recent incident involving Dr. David Dao, the passenger who was violently ousted from a flight for refusing to de-plane earlier this month, he has no intention of severing his close relationship with the airline that he refers to as “like a second family.

I love to fly but that is ridiculous!!! I wonder how many flights he took that one year. I am not sure I could get there on AC. I would have to fly YYZ/HKG/YYZ weekly to reach I MM per year. WOW!!

mevlannen and YULtide like this.
  2. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have seen some unacceptable things on UA, and AA, but the Union does protect them,

It is that way in any relationship..
    I call it elderly abuse,

mevlannen likes this.
  3. mevlannen
    Original Member

mevlannen Gold Member

Status Points:
    One does wonder whether, at some level within the proceedings, the airline started 'topping-up' his earning rate, above and beyond ordinary programme provisions.

In any case, his butt must be permanently numbed by all those hours of sitting there like a lump of self-loading freight.

londoncalling and YULtide like this.
  4. londoncalling

londoncalling Silver Member

Status Points:
    That is what I thought as well but its still a bum numbing number.

YULtide likes this.
  5. RCyyz
    Original Member

RCyyz Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't get the impression that they do. Mr. Stucker seems to fly everywhere in J or F so I think he just earns the usual COS bonus and that's that. I think a fairly typical week for him may start in Australia, then a few days in Europe then back to North American and restart all over again.

I recall he said that he once had a vacation with his wife in Paris for 3 or 4 days then flew to Hawaii for another 3 or 4 days, then back home to Chicago for a day then he flew to New Zealand for work the next day.

If you fly like that, 100K miles per month is doable though of somewhat questionable sanity even by our remarkable standards!

londoncalling and YULtide like this.
  6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have always wondered how much mileage and travel could be cut out of his schedule with "better" planning. I am most definitely not jealous of his life style. I like my home.... and being there. :)