Take theProblem with 50-Day Summer Challenge and earn up to 50,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles!

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by slalom, Jul 21, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. slalom

slalom Silver Member

Status Points:
    I followed the link on the Altitude page to register for this promotion and received the following message:

"SORRY!

The Aeroplan Number you have entered was not valid or you are not eligible for this promotion. Please try again."

Reading the eligibility, it says you must be an Aeroplan member.

Anyone else having problems with this?

(Sorry....Edit doesn't let me fix the typo in the heading)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  2. Absolute99

Absolute99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had a similar issue when it first came out, where it didn't accept my AP number, however after AP resent the fixed email for it, it was working for me again as of the 17th.

I'd suggest contacting them directly - the good news is you just have to register by August 26th, and all bookings from after July 8th will count.

3. Absolute99

Absolute99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just to confirm, do you have Elite status with AC? There was a clarification... elsewhere... that in order to qualify you must be an Altitude member, not just Aeroplan. Meaning you must have Altitude status in order to register for the 50-day.

"The 50-Day Summer Challenge offer is non-transferable and is exclusively for current Altitude members."

For the other contest (2K miles per roundtrip), you can register directly on Aeroplan: https://www3.aeroplan.com/promotions/promotion_details.do?promotion=promo_webup1000356_AC_TM95

Here was the post by AC on the other forum:

Just to clarify, everybody who signs up for Aeroplan is an Aeroplan member. You can earn miles from AC and *A flights, as well as from the dozens of other Aeroplan partners. Once you earn a certain number of miles from any of Aeroplan's partners, you may achieve Aeroplan Distinction status. Note this gives you some additional perks within the Aeroplan program, however they do not (necessarily) translate to perks provided by Air Canada.

Air Canada recently took the management of its own loyalty program back in house, under the name "Altitude." This means that, in order to be considered an Altitude member, one must possess Prestige 25k, Elite 35k/50k/75k, or Super Elite 100k status. The only way to achieve this is by flying AC and *A partner airlines, earning status miles and reaching status thresholds.

Hope this clears things up!​

4. slalom

slalom Silver Member

Status Points:
    ...thanks, I'm d-d-d-dDiamond and SE for 2015. Registration through the promotions section on the Aeroplan site worked.

5. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    I hate it when these promos are announced just after I've booked my flights. New bookings only! :mad:

southender, The Winger and tomh009 like this.
  6. slalom

slalom Silver Member

Status Points:
    Agreed....they seem designed so that their best customers can't take advantage of them. I guess it makes sense, I rarely change my behavior because of a promotion.

YULtide likes this.
  7. Absolute99

Absolute99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't disagree that advanced notice would be good, but this time they announced the promo 5 days after it started. At least that's better than the day the promo starts, so that there was a 5-day leeway.

But I agree entirely, the "new bookings" is a big pain. Especially as they consider credit from a previous flight not to be an entirely "new" booking as well.

8. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    It seems that planning ahead is not rewarded.