Taj Boston (Former Ritz Carlton)

Discussion in 'Other Hotel Programs' started by MyTravels, Mar 10, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. MyTravels
    Original Member

MyTravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    Quick Review: Taj, Boston

Checkin: The front desk found the reservation, checked me in and confirmed a slight upgrade to a room with a partial view.

Status/Upgrade: As part of the Chase Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection I was upgraded to a room with a partial view of the Boston Public Garden.

Location: On the west side of BostonPublicGarden along Arlington Street and Newbury Street, a short walk to the Arlington T metro stop.

Parking: Did not check.

Hotel/Building: A former Ritz Carlton property that was originally built in 1927 so it has a lot of old-world charm.

Amenities: The fitness center is huge and sometimes stocked with bottled water, fruit, disposable wipes, towels, etc. Business center with Windows and Apple computers and printers

Room: Well maintained while keeping the old-world charm. The bathroom was a little tight, but it is a hotel from the 1920's.

Body Care: Molton Brown - Bath Soap Bar, Hand Soap Bar, Body Wash, Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Lotion, Weight Scale, Bath Robes, Slippers

Hotel Staff: Friendly and upbeat.

Breakfast/Dining/Lounge/Club: Did not eat on-site

Summary: Nice hotel, I would not be opposed to stay again, but also would be open to staying somewhere different.

flyingdawg and uggboy like this.