Table For One? Dining Solo

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Dec 9, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Unless I happen to bring food back to my hotel room, traveling on an airplane or going to a take-out establishment as examples of situations, I do not particularly enjoy eating alone whenever I travel — especially in a restaurant. That is a handicap of sorts for me. I have to be compelled with a good reason to go out to eat as a solo diner — such as trying out a restaurant which I understood to be the oldest one in the world or going to a top-rated steak house — and when I am done, I am ready to leave. This particular discussion on FlyerTalk pertaining to dining solo has been of interest to me. It is not uncommon for solo diners to bring a book, work to do, or an electronic device to keep them occupied while dining alone. I have tried that and — for me — have found that the conditions are not ideal to concentrate on getting work done or trying to read something. I guess I get distracted by what is going on around me. However — in response to FlyerTalk members sharing their experiences in that aforementioned discussion — FlyerTalk member berrythekid posted this comment... The post Table For One? Dining Solo appeared first on The Gate.

Continue reading...