T-Mobile Ends Overage Fees

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by MX, Apr 14, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds like a promising development in the telecom services. Thanks to DoJ for successfully blocking a certain takeover attempt.

link

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
    uggboy, gregm and Newscience like this.
  2. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    This sounds great, thanks for posting MX!

I don't want to be the only naysayer, but how is the reception for T-Mobile where you are? It is quite problematic here on the Northeast-Mid-Atlantic. I have T-Mobile for a work cell phone and Verizon for a personal cell phone. With Verizon, I have a 3-4 G network almost everywhere. As far as T-Mobile is concerned, let's just say that when I can't put my cell phone on a wireless connection, I don't get much of a reception. :mad:

uggboy, MX and gregm like this.
  3. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have also read about poor T-Mobile coverage in the NorthEast region. In the area where I live (South FL), T-Mobile fortunately offers the best quality connections of all wireless service providers. Their coverage even extends some distance off shore (judging from reports of some cruise ship pax). I've had T-Mobile for ~7 years now, and haven't had a single dropped call or a service interruption -- even for 3 weeks after a hurricane when the power was out.

Tenmoc, uggboy and Newscience like this.
  4. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why is this in the AA forum rather than travel tech?

5. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    My mistake. Any idea how to fix this?

uggboy likes this.
  6. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Try "report" to get to someone who can fix it?

7. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    I drive between Portsmouth NH and DC/IAD area. Very little in the way of drops even taking some off the path routes. I switched because I couldn't get VZ signal at my desk at work. TMo although only HSPA+ at work, is better than that. Still unlimited. Their LTE speeds are about half what VZ was here (had both for 4 days while porting took place to compare speedtest.net results.

I'm extremely happy with the switch so far. And the benefits when overseas, is priceless.