T-24 EUA now running earlier?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by TravelerRob, Jul 20, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had a few flights this past week and have noticed that the T-24 EUA is running about 10 minutes *before* the 24 hour mark instead of the normal 20-30 *after* the 24 hour mark. Has anyone else noticed this?

I was originally booked on ORD-SEA and got the upgrade 10 minutes before I checked in at the 24 hour mark. Based on the mobile site I'd say about 5 people got the upgrades. I wound up SDC'ing to other flights based on my schedule and the new flights gave me a connection. The connecting flight also EUA'd me at 10 minutes *before* the 24 hour mark for that flight.

Seems like UA is processing upgrades earlier for T-24 which is a change I like. It means I can make SDC decisions earlier if I want to try for a route that has a potentially higher upgrade chance if my original flight doesn't clear by check-in.

-Rob

2. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    Lots of people reading this thread but no one commenting. Guess you haven't seen it in action yet :)

I had a to book a last minute ticket today for travel tomorrow, return Friday. When I booked the ticket I was past the departure time of the first flight but not of the connecting flight. The connecting flights EUA ran at 18 minutes before check-in time opened for that flight based on the time zone of that city. Likewise, my CPU for Friday cleared 12 minutes before the departure time of that flight.

So it might not just be the T-24 CPUs that are coming early now. It might be all CPUs with the EUA system running approx. 10-20 minutes before scheduled flight time for each EUA window (120/96/72/48/24 hours).

-Rob

3. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    I haven't had any UA flights recently and don't have any coming up. But, earlier is always better. :)