System wide upgrades purchase

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by danches787, Jan 29, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. danches787

danches787 New Member

Status Points:
    i was sent to MP by a friend so I'm new at it.

I'm looking to purchase a system wide upgrade for my wife traveling from MIA-LIM on the red eye by herself to meet me there. My friend mentioned that some people do sell them when close to have them expired so I'm hoping to find someone willing to. Her trip is in Feb 12th.

Thanks,

2. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Selling SWU is not allowed by AA rules and you might end up getting your ticket cancelled and her's (and the sellers) milage accounts closed.

alfagirl likes this.
  3. alfagirl

alfagirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    HUGE No-No!!!

4. VNAFlyer

VNAFlyer Member

Status Points:
    Who is this friend?

5. danches787

danches787 New Member

Status Points:
    Oh crap, I had no idea. Sorry about this and I will take it back

6. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    Note that the upgrade inventory is the same for both systemwide upgrades and mileage award upgrades. So, If your wife's flight has upgrade space available for one it will be available for the other. If you are looking to upgrade from coach to business, the inventory is C. So, an entirely acceptable and approved solution is to purchase AA miles (assuming you don't have enough) using the link at aa.com, and upgrade your wife using those miles (plus a copay if she is in a discount fare). There is currently a big sale going on where you get 10% off and additional bonus miles depending on hw many you purchase.