Syncing iPad with Kindle problem

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by b1513, Mar 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. b1513
    Original Member

b1513 Silver Member

Status Points:
    For some reason my Kindle doesn't sync well (to the last page read) with my iPad. It did when I first got the Kindle. It seemed to happen after I upgraded my Kindle to the newer version (not DX) but I am not positive about that part. Any Ideas?

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. joanek
    Original Member

joanek Silver Member

Status Points:
    I haven't had a problem, but will admit to not syncing very often--i do most of my reading on the kindle, and rarely on the ipad. I'll try this weekend and see if there's an issue.

3. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have had no problems when I synch the Kindle first and iPad second then Kindle again. I do that anyway when I am reading the saem book on both. That happens to me often because I use the iPad at night and the Kindle in daytime. The problems have come when I did not remember to resynch both. A slight hassle, but logical when you think about it. of course there is no need to do that if you've only been using one of the devices since your last synch.

4. adambadam
    Original Member

adambadam Silver Member

Status Points:
    Make sure that the devices are both connected to the internet when you are reading. Is it a wifi only Kindle or do you have cellular capabilities? It might not have a signal.

Also from the Amazon help page, might want to check your settings.

b1513 likes this.
  5. b1513
    Original Member

b1513 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Bingo! You solved it. Thank you so much.

adambadam likes this.
  6. adambadam
    Original Member

adambadam Silver Member

Status Points:
    Glad I could help.