SWUs - How quick do they post?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Seat6A, Oct 22, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Seat6A

Seat6A Silver Member

Status Points:
    I hit the 75k mark recently and today received the email asking me what I want. I chose the SWU since I need it in mid-November. Anyone know how quick they post SWUs to our accounts? Would I be better off trying to use a one way upgrade from my Business Extra account instead?

2. brodyf

brodyf Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mine posted in 2 days

Seat6A likes this.
  3. Seat6A

Seat6A Silver Member

Status Points:
    brodyf I pray that this is true for me. Thank you.

4. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    It took a little over a week for mine to post.

5. roadwarrior365
    Original Member

roadwarrior365 Silver Member

Status Points:
    2 Days! I requalified for EXP on Wednesday and they were in my account on Friday.

6. Seat6A

Seat6A Silver Member

Status Points:
    So far no joy. It's only been four days and i don't need them for two more weeks. Fortunately one of the EXP reservation agents let me hold a return flight using them, so all they have to do is post. If anyone has a special secret to get them live let me know, please.

7. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had a problem with my 75K bonus SWU/eVIP. Though others here indicated theirs posted within a week or two of making the choice, after six weeks passed I had to call in and was told the matter would be investigated. The SWU/eVIP finally posted two months after I sent in the email request. However, when I crossed 100K EQMs earlier this month, my 8 SWU/eVIPs posted within days. It appears the later requests for the 75K bonus ones got lost somewhere in the system, or depositing them just plain slowed to a crawl. A bit disappointing because I was waiting to upgrade a March 2014 flight and by the time I got the SWU/eVIP the C/R inventory zero'd out! (Didn't realize I could request and hold the upgrade until the SWU/eVIPs showed up in my account.)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
    Seat6A likes this.
  8. Seat6A

Seat6A Silver Member

Status Points:
    Candia>n, Thanks for the info. i plan to call tomorrow when i get back home. I dont need the SWU for two weeks yet, but want it, since that will be the trip that takes me over the 100k mark.

9. Seat6A

Seat6A Silver Member

Status Points:
    The SWU was posted this morning, 10 days after I selected the SWU as my Elite Reward online. And the expiration date on it is Feb 28, 2015

brodyf likes this.