Switching from AS to AA

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by bmg42000, Feb 18, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. bmg42000
    Original Member

bmg42000 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am thinking of booking (with my AA miles) flights that connect from AS to AA in DFW or STL? Does anyone know if I wuld have to redo security in the terminal change? Which airline do I check in with?

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    You cheek in with the carrier operating the first flight segment.

3. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    While I'm not familiar with the gate layout at DFW, I checked the Alaska Boardroom page and they show reciprocal club privileges and location map with the Delta Skyclub near gate E-10, and gate E-11 is also shown, so I would guess that Alaska is operating from the Delta gate area at DFW. Unless there is behind security access from the Delta terminal E over to the AA area, I would guess that you'll have to reclear security.

4. kw335
    Original Member

kw335 Silver Member

Status Points:
    No security change at DFW; just ride the skylink from E to the AA terminal (A, B, C, or D). Not sure about STL though.

5. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    AA uses the D gate area in STL, AS uses the A gates. Should be able to get from one area to the other without reclearing security, but the two areas are far apart. Maybe a 10 minute walk.