switching credit cards to pay for stay

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Gaucho, Nov 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    I made a mistake and paid for a work stay with a personal credit card, this was at my last stay at the Four Points ORD... Im now trying to get the hotel to re credit one credit card and charge another... Ive called various times, faxed some info, waited..... still no solution.

Any ideas....?

jbcarioca, tondoleo and Sweet Willie like this.
  2. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    Have you tried working it out with your travel office ?

Probably not the first time something like this has happened and it's worse to do it the other way around !

DTWBOB

jbcarioca and tondoleo like this.
  3. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've done it before. Make sure you are talking to accounting office. Most front desk folks can't do what you want now that time has past.

jbcarioca and tondoleo like this.
  4. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have had success at SPG properties with getting them to charge a different cc. Willie's advice is excellent. Contact the accounting department. They should get back to you soon and solve your issue. Good luck.

Sweet Willie and jbcarioca like this.
  5. Efilon87

Efilon87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I work the front desk at a hotel. It is very easy, we hate to do it, but its quite easy. You just need to fax over a CC auth form to the hotel. They will have to re-open the folio to get this to work. And call and have them credit back the CC that was left and charge the card that you faxed over. Once all that has been taken care of, your personal CC will receive the credit and funds will be taken out of the work CC.

6. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks... I will ask to speak to the front desk manager.