Swissotel Suite: 2nd night free coming on Amex Daily Wish

Discussion in 'Deal Page | Air/Hotel' started by SC Flier, Jun 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    I usually ignore the Amex Daily Wish sales because they are usually very limited and sell out almost instantly.

But on Wednesday, June 22, it appears that the main Daily Wish offer will be for a "2nd Night Free on a Swissotel Suite." According to their email, the offer will be available to an "unlimited" number of cardholders. If so, then the offer shouldn't sell out. However, the second offer for the day is for "3rd Night Free on a Swissotel Suite," and the T&Cs are similarly for weekends only.

I'm skeptical about whether the first night will be at an inflated price. Maybe worth watching to see how it turns out on Wednesday.

Swissotel destinations.

T&Cs as they are known so far:
    Book a Suite Room between June 22, 2011 and June 30, 2011 and receive your 2nd night complimentary. This offer is valid for Friday/Saturday night or Saturday/Sunday night - weekend stays only.​
    • Must book your stay by June 30, 2011.
    • Offer valid for stays up until August 31, 2011.
    • Offer only available on Suite Rooms.
    • One complimentary night per stay.
    • Offer valid at all Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts properties.

sobore likes this.
  2. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    Offer opens today at noon Eastern.

3. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    Now available, but no more details have yet been provided about the rates for the first night.

You’re all set
    • This offer has been reserved for you.​
    • A Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts representative will contact you within 3 days to complete the purchase.
    • Remember, you must use the same Card you registered here to finalize your purchase.​

4. cmoz
    Original Member

cmoz Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can the winning "reservation" be transferable? In nearly a year's worth of attempts I "won" (!? first win was of those $20 off $100 discount for purchase at Sports Authority, which I never used). Then I realized anyone who attempted might as well get it since there were no limited availability like most other promo/contest. Second thing is no Swissôtel where I need to be traveling next month (Freeport in the Bahamas, Seattle, road-tripping in Norway and Iceland. Does it sound like a waste?

5. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    If there's no Swissotel where you're going, and if you wouldn't change where you go in order to end up at a Swissotel, then it sounds like it would be a waste to bother with it. If you want to use it for someone else and are willing to charge it to your card, you'd have to sign up now and then ask Swissotel if that's acceptable. It's a short booking period, though.

6. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
  7. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
  8. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes. Despite what the link says, I was unable to find any availability at some properties such as the one in Chicago.