Swissotel Circle (Any Cross Fairmont Benefits?)

Discussion in 'Fairmont | President's Club' started by AMRivlin, Sep 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. AMRivlin
    Original Member

AMRivlin Silver Member

Status Points:
    uggboy likes this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. AMRivlin
    Original Member

AMRivlin Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks Ugg. I gather there is no true benefit, other than the previously listed "stay" credit. I don't really stay at Swissotel, but thought it would be nice if Plat was treated as top tier within Circle.

I wonder why FHIR doesn't tie the brands more closely together with 1 loyalty program.
    Or maybe that is the plan :) and to eliminate Plat and all of us Lifetimers hehe.

uggboy likes this.
  4. Jasper2009
    Original Member

Jasper2009 Silver Member

Status Points:
    You´re correct, there´s no real benefit except getting stay credit and possibly the chance of getting upgraded / treated slightly better than a regular member.

I sincerely hope they DON´T merge the loyalty programs. The three brands have a very different hotel portfolio, and each chain has a very different customer base.

Raffles has a handful of true 5* luxury hotels, customer base mostly consists of wealthy/individual travellers, and as with many other luxury hotel chains, the loyalty program doesn´t offer much in terms of benefits.

Swissotel has a pretty large number of hotels mostly targetting business travellers. Most hotels are 3.5*-4*, decent, but generally nothing to get excited about, there are a few pretty nice Swissotels (e.g. Swissotel SIN, Swissotel The Howard London), but I think most would agree that Swissotel is more like a regular business hotel than a luxury hotel. The loyalty program focuses on earning free nights, providing some food vouchers and upgrades here and there, but overall I don´t find the program too compelling. I guess it´s better than nothing, but I´d much rather have top tier status at any of the other business hotel chains (IC, Starwood, Hyatt etc.) than Swissotel.

Fairmont has an interesting bunch of hotels targetting the top segment of business travellers, tourists, weddings and conferences. The focus of the loyaltly program is to enhance the stay (confirmed upgrade certs, comp. bikes/car rides/health club/internet etc.) while the ability to earn free nights is very limited unfortunately (you only get 1 free night/year and another one after crossing 40/50/60... nights)

uggboy and AMRivlin like this.