Swiss

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by sfo1, Feb 18, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is Swiss economy ok for International travel? ZRH to SFO. I don't think *G get any benefits or am I wrong?

2. TLV guy

TLV guy Active Member

Status Points:
    OK is a relative thing.
    I flew ZRH-SFO with them and was ok with it. I think it's better than most us based airlines.
    As for *G benefits, you'll get an extra free piece of luggage and lounge access in ZRH.

3. YuropFlyer

YuropFlyer Active Member

Status Points:
    It's better than all US carriers, and quite good for a European carrier.

Food is ok, free alcohol (but LX tend to be a bit stingy about when you had enough), seats are, well, Economy seats, the IFE is nothing to write home about but at least personal screens.. *G gets only better seats at Checkin (only Senators&HON Circle member from M&M are allowed to reserve beforehand) chance, plus lounge access in ZRH.

I would choose it over Lufthansa and connecting in FRA, and definitively over any American carrier.

hpschori likes this.
  4. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    +1

5. drdubs
    Original Member

drdubs Silver Member

Status Points:
    The biggest difference between Swiss and US based airlines has been the consistently pleasant in-flight crews. I don't think they are going to be memorable for being particularly outstanding, but they are very consistently friendly and reasonable. I've certainly had individual service experiences that were positive on US airlines, but Swiss manages to make the experience reasonable every time I fly them, which is what matters to me most when sitting in economy for 10+ hours.

hpschori likes this.