SWISS My Destination

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by jetsetter, Mar 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jetsetter
    Original Member

jetsetter Silver Member

Status Points:
    SWISS just launched a new handy tool that would help you decide where to go. You just need to select your departure airport, travel budget, and preferred temperature on arrival. My Destination tool will find all the possible destinations that meet your criteria. If you look around the tool, you can also fine tune the searches to select certain activities and continents.

http://booking.swiss.com/web/afs.htm?country=CH&lang=EN&WT.mc_id=SMM_Facebook_MyDestination

What do you think?

TRAVELSIG likes this.
  2. SuperFlyBoy
    Original Member

SuperFlyBoy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Interesting.

However, it involves FB, so obvious tracking/profiling there - no idea on whether I would even need this, but I'm sure it can help people with no guidance/urges, etc.! [​IMG]

3. jetsetter
    Original Member

jetsetter Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have to agree with you. But sometimes, people do run out of ideas and places to go too so this could help.

4. airoli
    Original Member

airoli Silver Member

Status Points:
    This tool has actually been online for a couple of months, but maybe it was formally launched just now. I fail to see the Facebook link, to be honest. When you click on this link off the LX main site, you get to the tool without any Facebook involvement it seems?

Either way, the LX tool may be a scaled-down version of the really cool "affinity search" function pioneered by Amadeus and Lufthansa USA here. This comes with real-time fare display over a period of time, and won them an innovation award at the PhocusWright conference in 2009.

5. GBM
    Original Member

GBM Silver Member

Status Points:
    If any of you guys keep the LX newsletter you'll actually find this tool was introduced on April 7th, 2010. It was titled "New: tailored travel ideas".
    I don't really keep them but my gmail inbox is just too big to be disciplied [​IMG]

6. jetsetter
    Original Member

jetsetter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Posted it as soon as they had it on facebook :)

7. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe soon we will have an LX rep here who can keep us updated :)

8. jetsetter
    Original Member

jetsetter Silver Member

Status Points:
    That will be awesome :)