SWISS Business Saver on Codeshare?

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by SirRagnar, Mar 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. SirRagnar
    Original Member

SirRagnar Silver Member

Status Points:
    Dear MM forum

I am about to book the following trip, but need advice about the Business Saver upgrade on LX.

CPH-ZRH-MAD on 100% Swiss metal, but ticketed by LH.

Can this be upgraded to Business Saver after I have purchased it on lufthansa.com?

I know the trip can be upgraded during booking if I book on Swiss.com, but unfortunately Swiss.com does not let me select the return trip on LH that I need. Only lufthansa.com will let me book the route I wish which is a combo of LX, LH and SK.

Thanks in advance!

2. rcs
    Original Member

rcs Active Member

Status Points:
    The ticket needs to be issued on 724 LX stock in order to be eligible for a SWISS Business Saver upgrade. Also, the flights numbers you want to upgrade need to be booked as LX-coded and LX-operated flights.

If you need such a combo, you either need to purchase it through SWISS over the phone, or through a travel agent.

3. SirRagnar
    Original Member

SirRagnar Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks rcs.
    I called Swiss and was told it was not a problem to book on lufthansa.com if it was coded and operated as LX, which it was. So I went ahead and booked it only to find out it was not possible to upgrade online :(

I called in again then and was first told it was a no go because I booked on lufthansa, but the agent double-checked (for 10 mins), and finally came back and told me they could upgrade it to J after all.
    So I did that on the phone. Still waiting for the confirmation though, the booking is all messed up on checkmytrip now with 2 similar flights on different classes :)
    So it looks possible, but I'd like to see the eticket reflecting that. I'll report back when everything is settled.

4. SirRagnar
    Original Member

SirRagnar Silver Member

Status Points:
    An update:

Today I received a new e-ticket from Swiss. The e-ticket number is now a swiss coded e-ticket, but when I check my reservation on my amadeus PNR it still says my lufthansa e-ticket number. So now it seems I have 2 e-tickets for the same trip. One of them in Business and one of them in Economy. I wonder which they will honor and which booking class I end up getting miles for.
    I am a little worried that I will not get miles for J-class as my farebasis on the swiss e-ticket is still L-class. It does say Business in Class of Travel though.

When checking my flight on checkmytrip it seems there is an additional flight now (ZRH-MAD in Business), but still the two economy legs:

checkmytrip.png

I upgraded both the CPH-ZRH and the ZRH-MAD leg so I am a little puzzled about the additional flight and that it is only one leg that appears to be business. My lufthansa e-ticket does not reflect the extra leg, but have it all in economy.

However, my new Swiss e-ticket looks ok, so I don't know if I have reason to be worried?

Attached Files: