Swissôtel Singapore Merchant Court Review

Discussion in 'Other Hotel Programs' started by synd, Feb 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. synd
    Original Member

synd Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi all,

Currently staying at the swissôtel Merchant court for the next 4 nights, and while I was disapointed when checkin in I am now fully satisfied with the outcome.

Room:

Booked a club room and got upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite as an LH Senator. I made my booking the night before I checked in through expedia as I couldn't make the booking through the swissôtel website. Got assigned a club room on the 10th floor on check in that was right under the exec lounge with possibly one of the worst view of the hotel. A piece of advice If you are lodging in this hotel and either 1018, 1019 or 1020 you should ask immediately for another room as everytime someone will pull a chair on the floor of the club lounge, you'll hear the scratching.... Anyhow had a bit of trouble asking for the LH Senators benefits to be extended since I was on an expedia booking, but in the end I got upgraded the following day to an extremely nice 1 bedroom suite, around 90-100 sq meters, having amazing views, and a really nice balcony.

Swiss Executive Lounge:

For LX flyers you'll feel right at home there as they even include a copy of the LX magazine. Anyhow breakfast is pretty decent but can also be taken at the main cafe. Cocktails are from 6 to 8pm, the food offerings are a little low with only 2 hot choices, two cold canapes, some cheese and 2 deserts. Choice in drinks are definitively good, the red and white wines are more than decent.

Staff:

Good front line staff, like at any 5* hotel, but not over the top imo. Maybe I had too high expectations coming in, having been spoiled rotten so many times at the GH BKK, and probably expecting LX F type of service... The duty managers I talked to, were great though.

In the end I am more than happy with this property, location is amazing, and would definitively consider it again if needed or reccomend it to anyone.

-- will be updated as this is an ongoing stay

2. WearyBizTrvlr
    Original Member

WearyBizTrvlr Active Member

Status Points:
    What is the LH SEN benefit exactly, and where can I find it? I tried to google it but came up empty.

3. synd
    Original Member

synd Silver Member

Status Points:
    here is a printout of the miles and more page.

to access the page you have to login to M&M, then go to earn miles, and find the swissôtel page. Once there click on the right hand side on "partner information" and finally at the bottom there will be a link saying senator advantages.

Attached Files:

WearyBizTrvlr likes this.
  4. WearyBizTrvlr
    Original Member

WearyBizTrvlr Active Member

Status Points:
    Many thanks, that's very useful! I'm going to read through all the SEN benefits because there may be a few more good ones that I am unaware of.