1. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
  2. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm actually interested in this so I was disappointed to find a lone paragraph at the link :(

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why not post it here for everyone interested in this topic to see and preserve it for posterity. (or, if you prefer, put it on your blog)

Anyway, iolaire, I went on a snorkel trip at the Crystal River in Florida in April of this year and it was quite amazing. I think I paid about $55 for a 2-3 hr trip. I booked through these guys and while they seemed a bit "disorganized" it worked out fine and I had a great time. There weren't very many manatees in the river at that time, but we still got to see some up close and personal and they let you touch them as they swim by. A bonus was a couple of dolphins chasing fish and swimming by very close to me. One thing to note: the water at the time wasn't nearly as clear as in the pictures you might see on the websites of the snorkel tour companies.

boats.jpg

manatee.jpg

dolphin.jpg

Attached Files:

iolaire and MLW20 like this.
  4. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I looked over my post and I thank you for your comment/ opinion! I went ahead and updated my report with the info needed to book a kayak & snorkeling trip with some added pics!

If you need any other info, feel free to contact me.

Michael W.

iolaire and HaveMilesWillTravel like this.
  5. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I actually was going to but decided to just update the whole post. The comments made were very helpful! The more I blog the more I learn what I should be including in my posts & reports!

Amazing dolphin pic & manatee feeding pics btw!!!

iolaire likes this.
  6. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you both, combined that is good helpful information. I hoped it would be helpful for a key west trip in Feb, but it looks like the park is up by Tampa so I'll need to look into it for a later trip.

MLW20 likes this.
  7. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I hope you get to visit Crystal River to see the manatees. It is an unforgettable experience and not your typical Florida trip!

8. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Yes, it's quite a long drive from Key West, and the tours seem to be in the morning.

9. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Was your snorkeling trip with a large group? Mine was private and around the same price as a group tour.

10. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    My pontoon boat had one crew member and six or seven guests. The number of people on the boat didn't really matter, but there were several other boats in the same area, so the manatees were often surrounded by a bunch of snorklers.