Swan & Dolphin

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by flyingdawg, Oct 23, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
  2. lapointdm

lapointdm Silver Member

Status Points:
    I considered staying at the swan, but husband really wanted to stay at a full disney resort. I'm slightly surprised to see renovations mentioned because my understanding is they just renovated/were already in the middle of some renovations recently. I imagine to keep these properties fresh - which is hard considering the outside looks very 1980s - they need t ospend a lot of money to maintain and upgrade.

YULtide and flyingdawg like this.
  3. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was there earlier this year, and while the rooms were far from terrible, they were not "fresh". Sadly, I had a very bad experience at the properties.

I find it interesting just how expensive these renovations are. They're spending ~$55k per room, which seems pretty rich for an interior renovation. As a point of comparison, there's a Hyatt Place in Minneapolis that rebranded from being a Comfort Suites about a year ago. That renovation cost upwards of $90k per room.

flyingdawg likes this.
  4. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I can understand that, though the "Swalphin" resorts do have a lot to offer and, the big thing, they are SPG properties so there is a loyalty program!

flyingdawg, 8MiHi and uggboy like this.
  5. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    And its on the water transportation system to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios (you can even walk to those parks). The Boardwalk area is also a fun alternative to Downtown Disney and the parks.
    If you are going to Disney World and suffering from Magic Kingdom burnout, then this is a fun place to stay. We are looking forward to the renovated product.

traveltoomuch and flyingdawg like this.