SW 50k alive again.

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by sharris503, Jan 24, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sharris503

sharris503 Silver Member

Status Points:
  2. Efilon87

Efilon87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is it the same deal as before?

deant likes this.
  3. sharris503

sharris503 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looks like its the same as the original offer. $99 annual fee, 50k bonus, and 6k anniversary bonus.

deant likes this.
  4. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Thanks for the information. Glad to see it is back.

5. nomflyer
    Original Member

nomflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great news. I can confirm that my 50k bonus from the previous offer posted earlier this month and counted toward Companion Pass qualification.

6. Gary Steiger
    Original Member

Gary Steiger Silver Member

Status Points:
    Also, you can get the business card via the same link for another 50,000 points. All you need is 110,000 points to get the extremely valuable companion pass, valid through 2013.

7. nomflyer
    Original Member

nomflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you do this, make sure to apply for both the personal and business cards at the same time. This increases your chances for being approved for both.

Casey Friday likes this.
  8. Casey Friday
    Original Member

Casey Friday Silver Member

Status Points:
    And if you aren't approved for both, be sure to call the reconsideration line. They said I could have the personal card as well as the business, as long as I closed one of my other cards. I decided to close my Sapphire (goodbye, metal card) to get the personal SWRR, as the companion pass is worth more to me than the UR earning ability.

nomflyer likes this.
  9. onlybeef42
    Original Member

onlybeef42 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I used the links from the thread on that other site and when I activated my cards yesterday they confirmed a 50,000 point bonus on both. Those links were for the $69 fee cards.

10. Extra Pack of Peanuts

Extra Pack of Peanuts Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was considering doing both at the same time but didn't know that I'd have a better shot getting them if I did. Does anyone know why it would make a difference if I applied for the business Southwest card now and the personal one in a few months?

11. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Silver Member

Status Points:
    Two questions: First, my wife applied for the personal, but not the business, and began using it at the start of the year. The 50K just posted. How long should she wait before applying for the business? (She has no business cards, and the SW Personal is her only Chase card thus far). Second, she applied at a time when the only 50K bonus available was for the Plus, not Premier. However, we'd rather *have* the Premier, since the slight increase in yearly fee is worth the big increase in annual point bonus. Will she be able to ask Chase to bump it up already, or does she need to wait (I assume she can't wait a year, close the Plus account, and then apply for the Premier and still expect whatever bonus is available at the time because they count as the "same" card?)

12. salmon515151

salmon515151 Active Member

Status Points:
    Hey Jeffery,

I just applied to the SW Plus card too when the Premier card wasn't available for the 50k miles. I too would rather have the premier card so I talked with chase and they said I couldn't "upgrade" the card because it wasn't available for me. Chase did say however that I could apply for the premier card and (from my understanding) that I would be able to get the bonus because it is a separate card. Hope this helps.

deant likes this.
  13. Sagegal

Sagegal Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just got my $65 SW card two weeks ago and the 50K points before the annual fee was billed, have 4 Chase cards, think I'll go for the $99 card, but may be pushing my Chase approval to the limit but I so want that companion pass.

apgrizzwald likes this.
  14. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow! That would actually be *even better*. Sagegal, please let us know if you're able to get 50K off of both the Plus and the Premier cards (as it is, I'm assuming I have to do the Personal Plus and the business Premier that's available again, and then be done collecting SW miles and eventually just cancel the Personal one).

15. Casey Friday
    Original Member

Casey Friday Silver Member

Status Points:
    For those of you seeing the 50k miles post, are they counting for A-List Preferred as well as CP?

16. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Silver Member

Status Points:
    They didn't count towards A list for me but the Southwest site explicitly says only flown miles count for A list. It doesn't say that for CP.