Suvarnabhumi Airport: 15 hours transit

Discussion in 'Airports' started by petrapenang, Sep 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. petrapenang

petrapenang Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm going to be transiting in Suvarnabhumi Airport (Bangkok) morning (9am) this Sunday with a two year old for 15 hours. Are there any tours that I can take from the airport and back?

2. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think you can take the metro into the city & at least get some food @ Siam Square or Terminal 21. In terms of a tour i think that might be cutting it kinda close.

But 15hr is plenty time (customs, imgrations, transit times) to take the train in, transfer to a BTS and either goto T21/Siam Square/Paragon etc and just browse around in the mall and eat.

petrapenang likes this.
  3. petrapenang

petrapenang Silver Member

Status Points:
    I ended up taking a tour sponsored by the Thai government, which came out decent price, 2600B to Paragon Mall and Siam Ocean World. Pretty price considered that the entrance ticket is 800B, exiting and reentering the airport would have costed me 1400B for 2 persons, transportation would be close to 500B, plus we went through the VIP line for immigration both in and out. Lines were really long and would have drove my two year old crazy....

Food selection at the Paragon Mall was immense!!! It took me a long time to figure out what to eat! Ocean World was really fun for us and worth the time. We kinda speed through it in an hour since we had only 5 hours total for the whole trip. The tour came with our personal guide and driver (yes, 2 persons!).

edekba likes this.