Suspiciously Nice Taxi Drivers…

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 4, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Last week I shared a link to a cool Just The Flight infographic about 40 tourist scams to avoid this summer. As I mentioned at the time, I've fallen for a majority of those scams over the years, mostly intentionally. It's often fun to "play along" and see how they operate, assuming it's a harmless scam where at most you'll be out a few bucks and/or a few minutes of your time. When it comes to travel, the one area where I probably have my guard up most is in taxis. You're literally getting in a stranger's car, they're taking possession of all of your belongings and placing them in the trunk, and often you're in a new city so don't know where you're going, and they can take advantage of that. And that doesn't even begin to address the safety concerns over the car, driver, etc. I once had a cab driver in China that -- I $hit you not -- fell asleep at every traffic light and I had to wake him up. The post Suspiciously Nice Taxi Drivers… appeared first on One Mile at a Time. CommentsOur taxi got into an accident when we were living in Korea. He ... by JustinRelated StoriesTAP Portugal A330 Business Class Miami To LisbonOff To Lisbon In TAP Portugal Business Class!Eight Awesome Airplane Amenities!

Continue reading...