Suspenders

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by sfo1, Jan 20, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just wondering if suspenders would set off the bells and whistles going through security? Would it be better to tell them and ask for pat down rather than taking them off and taking the chance ones pants would fall down and then be charged with indecent exposure?:oops:

2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I always ask for a pat-down, even though I don't wear suspenders. I have no experience with the nudeoscopes, but if the suspenders have metal parts, I'd expect problems with the metal detectors.

sfo1 likes this.
  3. cvsara
    Original Member

cvsara Gold Member

Status Points:
    My metal frame glasses are enough to set off the metal detectors in quite a few airports. (LAS, OGG) so I take them off. I would bet that a pair of men suspenders would too. They will just wand you for that. It has noting to do with a pat down or the nude-o-scope. That will happen, if it happens. If they want you to take your suspenders off, then just do it, and hang on. Not a gay guy here, and in our little airport (PIA) I was selected for a 'random' patdown, for training purposes I was told. I don't wear suspenders, I didn't mind to much, but my wife standing off to the side watching enjoyed it, I think. Not as nice as my wife's full body rubs but it was ok. So I would say, just go for it.

sfo1 likes this.
  4. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, I guess the best thing to do is take the suspenders off or inform them and let them make the decision on how they want to proceed.

5. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just proceed via free massage route (pat down) ;)

sfo1 likes this.
  6. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    Data point: I have seen a TSO ask a gentleman to remove his suspenders prior to walking through the cancer box.

sfo1 and TAHKUCT like this.