Surveys: What survey sites do you use?

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by ahow628, Feb 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. ahow628
    Original Member

ahow628 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've been doing surveys once a week (plus some special surveys) at http://opinionplace.com. Usually you get 75 AA miles for completing a 5-10 minute survey. I just try to fit it into my schedule like while I'm eating during lunch.

I've also been doing http://e-miles.com since their surveys only take about 30 seconds (one page, 3-5 questions), can be completed on my smartphone and every 500 points can be transferred to AS for 500 miles.

Many people might see this as a waste of time, but I've got some downtime occasionally and this is a painless way to use it productively.

Let me know if you have any others you use.

bodory, hulagrrl210, kwidhalm and 3 others like this.
  2. Chimpy
    Original Member

Chimpy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I do some surveys on e-Rewards you can use the points for a choice of airlines and Priority Club. It probably is a waste of time especially for the amount of points you get but they do add up over time.

3. e-rewards also comes in handy for various airline promos that usually count this as an activity. I try and maintain some kind of balance in the account for opportunities like that.

4. Tiki
    Original Member

Tiki Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm currently doing E-Rewards to get hotel points in anticipation of the next US Grand Slam. I also do E-Miles and TopGuest for free miles.

5. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    e-Rewards for priority club points. Opinion place for AA miles/

charlilo likes this.
  6. ahow628
    Original Member

ahow628 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the info guys. I'm going to get TopGuest set up later tonight.

As for e-Rewards, anyone know how to get an invite. Is it just luck? I'm signed up for Alaska Air's mileage program and it says to just watch your inbox for an invite.

7. travelingmore
    Original Member

travelingmore Gold Member

Status Points:
    I only do emiles now. Used to do e-rewards but it became much too time consuming. Used to do opinionplace but rarely qualified to proceed, so goodbye to that too. The e-rewards invitations seem to be random and out of our influence, but I think one time, after an online search, I was able to land on an open opportunity for Delta? Hilton? but could not replicate that experience later. Go to the hotel or airline program's website and search around - maybe find some luck there.

charlilo likes this.
  8. LizzyDragon84
    Original Member

LizzyDragon84 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've used e-miles the most as it's the most painless and quick of the bunch out there. It does take a while to build up enough points for an award, but I fill out the surveys when I have a few free minutes. It's an easy way to pick up a few extra miles.

ahow628 and travelingmore like this.
  9. Westsox
    Original Member

Westsox Gold Member

Status Points:
    E-Miles, E-Rewards, Opinion Place & TopGuest.
    TopGuest is the easiest as I check in each morning on the drive to the office at a Wyndham, a Holiday Inn and a Comfort Suites. Very little effort and a few extra points. I complete surveys when I have some down time but most of them expire before I get around to completing them.

charlilo likes this.
  10. Flyer_Esq
    Original Member

Flyer_Esq Silver Member

Status Points:
    I like Opinion Place and E-miles - I typically complete the surveys while watching tv or when I'm on conference calls at work (haha!). I also use Opinion Outpost - no miles for those, but I get Amazon gift card codes and support my Amazon habit with survey money.

11. Nicole Blaess-Smith
    Original Member

Nicole Blaess-Smith Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've found that I never get picked for surveys with http://opinionplace.com but I do use http://e-miles.com (haven't claimed points yet but I'm almost there!)

Just wondering if TopGuest works in Australia?

as for...
    try here...
    https://www.e-miles.com/enroll.do?ic=emiv2 (not 100% if that will work as that was my Alaska sign-up link)

12. ahow628
    Original Member

ahow628 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just got an invite from e-Rewards the other day via e-miles. Nice!

13. travelingmore
    Original Member

travelingmore Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was happy with e-rewards while I used it , for a few years. Got a nice amount of Hilton Honors points for the account. Eventually, tired of the time it took for most surveys - more than 10-15-20 minutes sometimes, and tired of answering long prequalifying surveys that eventually booted you out for not qualifying. So, a good thing for awhile and like you, I was glad to get the invite - best wishes!

14. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    Use e-rewards to keep USAir account open......this and some other transfers permit the occasional direct flight rewards to MCO from PHL with the little one. Also it works out well for their (US Air) Grand Slam promotions.

15. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I do the same with e-rewards.com. It is a glorious waste of time, but the activity bonus for certian DL promos does give it an added value. I've regieister with e-miles (for some registration bonus they had at one time) but have never actually completed a survey with them.

16. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Conference calls and survey sites, the marriage is made in heaven!

17. arkleseizure
    Original Member

arkleseizure Silver Member

Status Points:
    I use e-rewards and e-miles, but basically just so I have something to transfer when a Grand Slam type promotion rolls around. I did encounter a survey from my employer once, which I thought was pretty funny.

18. Samuel Rhoades

Samuel Rhoades Silver Member

Status Points:
    a non mileage one is globaltestmarket.com. I've earned $50 about 3x/yr for the last few years

19. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    You must be on some of my conference calls.

"Bob, what do you think about this issue?"

<radio silence>

"Bob?"

<faint clickedeclack>

"BOB!?!"

"uh, sorry, could you repeat the question?"

"Sure, Bob, what do you think about this issue?"

"uhh, could you clarify what issue?"

--------------

Not that I haven't been Bob before.... Too man darn conference calls where my presence really isn't or shouldn't be required.

20. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Bob - "I think we need to study this more closely and revist this issue at a later date." (Bob's off the hook 80% of the time with that response.)

The most difficult part for me is half the people I'm of conference calls with, English is not their native tounge. I have to have my office very dark and quiet so I can focus directly on the conversation at hand. Or Bob just says screw it and does on-line surveys [​IMG].

21. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    You really are on the same calls as yours truly.

By the way, what's a tounge? ;)

flyingdawg likes this.
  22. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Very sorry to hear that, my condolences.

23. abdulai
    Original Member

abdulai Silver Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone else seen a recent drop in the value of e-rewards surveys? Everything I am getting the last couple weeks is $2.50 or $3.00. Previously $5.00 was standard.

travelingmore likes this.
  24. Kevin
    Original Member

Kevin Active Member

Status Points:
    I'm surprised more people don't do mypoints.com. I think one of the best benefits is being able to earn giftcards and use them on my leisure statys to earn more miles/points. I would be happy to provide a referral if anyone wanted to give it a try (assuming that is allowed under the milepoint guidelines).

flyingdawg likes this.
  25. Nicole Blaess-Smith
    Original Member

Nicole Blaess-Smith Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've been getting $0.50 surveys or $1.00 :/

I don't use mypoints.com because I don't actually understand how to use it...

JALPak likes this.