Survey - 73% of frequent-fliers unsure of mileage totals

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by rwoman, Apr 10, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    USA Today: Survey - 73% of frequent-fliers unsure of mileage totals

I know that most of us do not have this problem. That said, I know I only have a few miles in my UA MP account (occasionally use my MP Visa to keep 'em) and I do not really track the balances on some of my hotel points...nor do I know if some them expire to be honest.

:)

There is a link the article to thepointsguy.com, but I could not get it to work to see the actual survey.

redtailshark, uggboy and sobore like this.
  2. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wonder what percent even know they have an account. :p

uggboy likes this.
  3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is a HUGE difference between not knowing the total balances and "throwing away money." I don't know exactly how many I have. And I'm doing just fine.

On the flip side, I guess the custom promo code for AW and the picture of TPG and his new dog posted this morning shilling for AW makes a bit more sense now that I know it is tied to a PR effort in USA Today, too. :rolleyes:

thepointstraveler likes this.
  4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    And if I used AW, I would still not not know the balance of three of my four major (defined by balance) airline programs.

boondr and Wandering Aramean like this.
  5. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    :)

Haha! You don't...yet. But when SM FUBAR arrives and that apparently-massive stack of DL SM you have will suddenly become insufficient for even one redemption from PHL to FCO, not all of which is in J..... well then you will get up to speed PDQ with all other balances. It is.... you know what it is.

In fact you should churn that US DM cc now so that those miles merge with AA, before they do merge...

HMWT, yes, it's a pain that AW can't give the balances on some major programs. Up until last year it was a great management tool.

6. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    +1. I just check if there is any change. AW doesnt track the big 3 anyway