Surprised and disappointed by the latest MilesLink newsletter

Discussion in 'Talk To Me' started by Wandering Aramean, Oct 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Forgive the blunt question, but what were you thinking?

I'm asking about the advice you offer to a reader in the latest MilesLink newsletter. Here's the question:
    Your response is that they should pay someone to find alternatives to a London connection using Avios. I like the idea of you drumming up business for people, I suppose, but I question the value - at least to the person posing the question - in this situation.

The only other redemption options using Avios to South Africa are Cathay and Qantas, and those are both going to cost a lot more in points and take many more hours to complete the trip. It seems strange that you're recommending that they pay someone to tell them these simple facts.

2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I found the quotes around 'experts' in this sentence from the answer, uh, interesting: ;)

These "experts" range from someone helping family members to more devoted efforts that can and do resemble a real startup business.

3. PanAm
    Original Member

PanAm Silver Member

Status Points:
    That is surprising. It's too bad there aren't any internet forums where the person could research and find out information and ideas themselves, for free.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's a brilliant idea. We should start one!

ACMM likes this.