Surprise Diamond extension. Or not.

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by traveltoomuch, Mar 1, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had Hyatt Diamond status in 2012 and, having been a few qualifying stays short for requalification, expected that to go away today. :(

On Wednesday I got an email from Hyatt telling me I had earned Diamond for the next year:

But maybe it was too good to last -- logging into my account this morning, it seems I'm only a Platinum member. I'm very sad.

marcwint55 and uggboy like this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting...lots of people had noted a surprise extension of their Diamond status in the past few days. I wonder how many others got the bad info.

marcwint55 and skyvan like this.
  3. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:

that sucks.

4. Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge
    Original Member

Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge Official Representative

Status Points:
    Dear MilePoint members,

We have received a few inquiries from members about their current membership tier status after the deployment of the February electronic newsletter on February 26. A small group of members who viewed the plain text version of the email may have seen a message informing them that their tier status was upgraded. This message was not correct and when linking to the online version of the email the correct message was displayed. All other content in the email was accurate. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions.

Warm regards,
    Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service