Super Noob Question Regarding Dining Miles and Such

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by fotes, Feb 24, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. fotes

fotes Member

Status Points:
    Hey guys, first time post here on MP. My question today is regarding the transfer of points from say something like a dining club to my actual mileage account.

I am a total CC noob, but I recently got the US Air Mastercard, and yesterday I got my 40,557 points (40k sign up, 500 for flight, $57 in spend). My question though is when will I see the points from the US Dining that I took part in.

I dined on the rewards network and got 3 points per dollar plus im getting the 1,000 point bonus. Currently in that account i've got 135 miles ($45 bill x 3), but im wondering when I will see those on my actual US Air mileage account?

Is their something in particular that I need to do in order to get those moved over? Or do I just need to be patient.

I appreciate the advice, looking forward to more musing on MilePoint in the future!

2. PHLFlyer

PHLFlyer Active Member

Status Points:
    I'd like an answer to this question as well. I think I read on the Rewards Network page that miles take about a week or two to post to the Rewards Network account, but then are they automatically transferred to your mileage account? Perhaps at some set interval (end of month, week, etc)? Thanks in advance!

3. servo

servo Silver Member

Status Points:
    My experience varies. The "bonus" miles from signup usually takes about a month, and actual dines can take up to a few weeks. I haven't noticed any specific interval, and I think it might vary depending on the dining program too as to when miles are transferred to your airline or hotel account.

4. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    "Your miles may vary" I have most of my cards in the Dining network. Most seem to post in about 4 days. Seems like Rewards Network processes the miles on M-F. and takes the weekend off. Also, some of the restaurants may delay 'posting' the credit card charges by a day or two as well. But about 4 days seems average. Although I have had one or two show up about two or three weeks after. These are usually at restaurants while on trips and out of my normal range. The Credit Card Companies may be checking the validity of those charges.

But usually in a week or two you will see your miles.

PHLFlyer likes this.
  5. PHLFlyer

PHLFlyer Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, very much appreciate it. So that is a week or two from dine to miles in mileage account correct? Just wanted to be sure.

Also, another related question, I know you can sign up multiple cards with Rewards Network (that is, multiple cards for USAir for example), but can you sign up different cards for different airlines/hotels (example: my Visa card with USAir, my AE with UA, etc)? Or is that not allowed?

Cheers

6. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    I currently have one MC with AA, One Visa with Hilton. One Amex with Delta, One Amex (Starwood) with Hilton. and one visa with Alaska Airlines.

You just cannot have one card for more than one mileage program. (i.e. MC for AA but not the same MC for Delta. Although I have heard that you can use a spouses card in a different program, but I have no actual experience in that.)

PHLFlyer likes this.
  7. wrxmom

wrxmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    As long as the credit card numbers are different you can sign them up and earn miles.

8. PHLFlyer

PHLFlyer Active Member

Status Points:
    Got it, thanks!

9. chriseyemd

chriseyemd New Member

Status Points:
    Usually it takes at least a week to be posted. Just wait for it. :)

10. fotes

fotes Member

Status Points:
    Ended up posting about a week later. Thanks for the tips guys :)