Super New Platinum Benefits

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by benolaa, Jan 31, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. benolaa
    Original Member

benolaa Gold Member

Status Points:
    druiddation likes this.
  2. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's unfortunate that programs do not release this information for the upcoming year in the previous year. I think many people would have made changes to their stay patterns in 2011 had they known what they could have been in for from SPG in 2012.

3. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm hoping this is true. This year should see us having a lot of SPG stays so should be able to get in 50 nights. The breakfast is a nice benefit, especially in more expensive locales such as Europe.

canucklehead likes this.
  4. alexkgtu

alexkgtu Active Member

Status Points:
    That's exactly why they do it, so that status chasers wouldn't get it/would be harder for them to get it, while that 2% of customers that bring 30% of profit.. well, they already stay 75+ nights.

IDGflygirl likes this.
  5. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think you are discounting the fact that the reason for a hotel rewards program is to entice people to give their business to a hotel chain and generate revenue for all the properties in the chain. You may trick yourself into believing it's about rewarding people for their loyalty but the simple fact is that they want to lure as many people away from the competition as possible in the most optimal manner.

Do you really think that they care whether you are a status chaser or not..... in comparison to someone who is a promotion chaser? I think most people would agree that the cost of providing these program upgrades are significantly lower than the cost of the free night/resort night promotions that they have run in the past.... which are available to all customers (with or without elite status).