Sundaes, ORD-LAX

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by ChicagoEric, Jun 19, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. ChicagoEric
    Original Member

ChicagoEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Years ago the first time I flew AA First Class was a flight from LAX-ORD. I friend had upgraded me and the thing that made the biggest impression was the sundae cart that they brought around after dinner. I thought that was great.

Well, I fly ORD-LAX and back a lot and it's been a long time since I've had a sundae in domestic, non-transcontinental first. Until yesterday. Pre-made sundaes after dinner on the ORD-LAX flight. So, couple questions:

Is this new? I assume so as I travel on this route at least monthly and have for the last couple years since I switched from UA. In the last couple years (up to and including last week) it's been cookies (if memory serves).

Is this being rolled out more broadly?

I'm flying back today so I guess I will see.

Confidential to American: Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but would it cost that much more to cater the sundae cart? Bespoke sundaes, if you will? The pre-made ones, while still delicious, don't make the same impression.

sobore and rwoman like this.
  2. Skye1
    Original Member

Skye1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    To clarify, are all your flights slated with meal service "dinner" ones or "snack or brunch" ones? As whilst sometimes their "snack" options are referred to by the FA's with a meal name ("lunch", "dinner"), the "snack or brunch" service doesn't include the sundaes.

DestinationDavid likes this.
  3. AA_EXP09

AA_EXP09 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got the sundae in January...

4. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I've had ice cream served on dinner flights on non-transcons quite a few times. Mostly with chunks of cheesecake thrown in the glass.

5. ChicagoEric
    Original Member

ChicagoEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    You know, as I think about it, I rarely take dinner flights (I did yesterday), so perhaps that explains it. I usually take early morning out, mid-afternoon back.

6. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    AA has many pluses and minuses, but the meal service is pretty consistent. Ice cream at dinner is common, cookies at lunch/snack time.