Sukhothai Province

Discussion in 'Thailand' started by CrankyScott, Jun 4, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. CrankyScott
    Original Member

CrankyScott Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am planning a trip to Sukhothai Province to explore the historical park. I realize there are no 4 or 5 star hotels like Bangkok - can anyone give a hotel recommendation?

And how to get there? flights are just under $300 / round trip. Is a car service a better option for the 4 hour drive?

Thanks,

;)

Kalboz likes this.
  2. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    Flying BKK-THS on PG should run you about $150/pax. Are you looking at the PG site or OAL?

While I've never flown into THS I have driven down from Chiang Mai and it's a relatively easy shot but not a quick drive. Having a car is convenient if you decide to see Kampeng Phet or Si Satchanalai also.

If you fly into THS be aware that the airport is a good 45 minutes to the northwest of the historical park and the new city is a good 20 minutes east. You will want transportation.

Kalboz likes this.
  3. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    As for logding, I have stayed at Taraburi resort on the eastern border of the park and it was nice (but a crappy breakfast). Can't give any info good or bad about other places. Have you checked reviews on agoda or another booking site?

Kalboz likes this.
  4. CrankyScott
    Original Member

CrankyScott Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks @kwai - reviews on agoda and tripadvisor are mixed. None seem to have glowing recommendations.

Kalboz likes this.