Suite upgrades after loss of Diamond

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by dmel, Oct 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. dmel

dmel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am currently Diamond. I will not be Diamond during a particular stay. I just used an upgrade cert for that stay.

Will I get the suite? Will I run into problems?

I know that when I lose Diamond, I forfeit any unused upgrade certs, but this is a scheduled cert.

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

2. alohastephen

alohastephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    My suite certificates remained in my account even after I lost my Diamond status. It appears that I can still use mine until March of 2012.

miles and smiles and dmel like this.
  3. dmel

dmel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm referring to the suite upgrade certs, not the free suite night certs from the Chase Hyatt CC. Are we talking about the same thing?

I was told that to use the upgrade certs, you need to call the Diamond desk, which means they can't be used after you lose Diamond status.

4. alohastephen

alohastephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    yes, suite upgrade certs. I called the hotel direct, and they new exactly how to apply them.

miles and smiles and dmel like this.
  5. dmel

dmel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Terrific, thanks!

6. From NYC
    Original Member

From NYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    I’ve also emailed the hotel on international stays stating that I wanted to use a suite cert, and they’ve applied it directly.

dmel likes this.
  7. rajuabju
    Original Member

rajuabju Gold Member

Status Points:
    Really? So your unused suite upgrade certs remained active AFTER your lost Diamond status, and you were able to use them?

I was under the impression that Hyatt policy allowed people to use the suite upgrade certs anytime during their Diamond status, including for stays after losing Diamond... but that if you didnt actually use the upgrade until after losing Diamond status, then you would lose the unused suite upgrades as well.

kenbo likes this.
  8. alohastephen

alohastephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am down to platinum now. My suite upgrades are still in my account. I used one two weeks ago. It was booked and stayed after losing diamond.

miles and smiles, dmel and kenbo like this.