Suite upgrade question?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by tulane09, Apr 6, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. tulane09

tulane09 Silver Member

Status Points:
    If I book 4 nights, using 2 free from Hyatt Chase and paying for the other two; then can I upgrade the 4 nights to a suite for just 6000 points?

2. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    No, you need to book a suite free night award. There are separate award charts for suites and standard rooms, and it is an extra 2,000 to 5,000 points PER NIGHT to book a free night in a suite.

http://www.hyatt.com/gp/en/awards/hyatt_free_night.jsp

The 6,000 points are for upgrading a paid rate only. I'm unsure if you would be allowed to upgrade the two free nights from the Hyatt Visa card at all. They're not a paid rate. But if they're all at the same hotel, you might get the suite anyway (if you confirm half of your stay in a suite using points to upgrade the paid portion). If they refuse at check-in, you might be able to reach a compromise for additional points or a buy up to cover the two free night certificates.

tulane09 likes this.
  3. Jaimito Cartero
    Original Member

Jaimito Cartero Silver Member

Status Points:
    I always book the paid nights first, with the free nights later. If you ask nicely, they may let you stay in the suite. Status helps, too. What property are you looking at?

brucewil, NYCUA1K and IDGflygirl like this.
  4. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Given that Hyatt allows upgrades only on paid stays, I would do a variant on that idea. I would book a standard room for two days, upgrade that to a suite using points, and then book the free nights separately. Chances are that they might not want to go to the trouble of moving you from the suite to your free (standard) room, so they might let you use points to upgrade the free nights, meaning you would stay put...maybe.;)

mo26 likes this.